Saturday, April 19, 2008

So Jessica formerly of the HSCC really liked the Rabbit Ears piece and was thinking it would make a good gift for her brothers upcoming wedding. She had some different color preferences and ultimately decided on the biggest canvas I had in stock. And when ti came to the end, I LOVED her choices! It was so much fun to do this for her and she was so excited about the process. And I have to say she did a great job on choosing details for the piece. Amazing. I hope her brother and his new wife to be know what she put into this gift. I tried to take some pictures to show her the process but forgot to share them with her before she left for PA. So here for everyone to see are a few steps in the process.




Above I am testing the same three colors in different areas of the painting. Jessica wanted a wine color scheme so we ofcourse went with Napa Red! I just made small mock ups of the piece and alternated the colors.





Here is the color set up I planned to go with. It is what we originally discussed but it was good to verify this was the best choice. The lighter green background allowed the dogs to pop. And using the red for the dog making the rabbit ears helped point the focus to the mischievous one.





Here is a peek at my messy messy downstairs studio. Using the largest canvas I had in stock (36"x48") left few places to play with this piece. Not to mention I havent cleaned any studio area in my house since I started working on pieces for the HSCC event a couple months ago(guess what Im doing this weekend?!). I put the base coat on the canvas while on a table. Although I dont love using an easel I did move the piece to an easel for the rest of the work.




I am very happy with how the piece came out and I think Jessica was too. She is such a sweetie. Im bummed I didnt meet her sooner. You cant really see from this picture but I added tiny little girly eyelashes to the green dog. The two pups are supposed to symbolize her brother and his wife-to-be. And in my cold medicine induced state, I almost forgot to take a picture before sending the piece off on its way. This is not the best pic but I had to use it because you can see a tiny bit of YellowDog's butt. He is pretty used to the camera at this point. At this particular time he was sulking because he knew I was leaving and not taking him. I just couldnt with that huge canvas in the car. No worries though, he got a nice dog ice cream treat when I returned. Plus, my portion of the proceeds from this commission went towards YellowDog's vet bills. Cute little sick booger!

8 comments:

Laura Bush said...

I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.burgundy wine hong kong

Laura Bush said...

I really appreciate your work which you have shared here about the cryptocurrency investment. The article you have shared here is very informative and the points you have mentioned are very helpful. Thank you so much.cryptocurrency investment news today Australia

Laura Bush said...

You have shared a nice article here about the cryptocurrency exchange latest. Your article is very informative and nicely describes the causes and natural remedies of Snoring. I am thankful to you for sharing this article here.cryptocurrency exchange latest news Australia

Mike Johnsons said...

Nice & informative article, I highly appreciate your efforts, we provide the best Photography local business services in Texas, US.

Kart Forest said...

Thanks for giving such a good knowledge about Business. I got some helpful information from this post. Keep Posting such types of posts. Buy Embroidered Fabrics Online in India

Μαγος για Παρτυ said...

Brilliant information here! Hopefully you won't stop the flow of such magical material!

Duke Johanas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reliable Permit Solutions, LLC said...

So Jessica formerly of the HSCC really liked the Rabbit Ears piece and was thinking it would make a good gift for her brothers upcoming wedding. She had some different color preferences and ultimately decided on the biggest canvas I had in stock.

And when ti came to the end, I LOVED her choices! It was so much fun to do this for her and she was so excited about the process.

And I have to say she did a great job on choosing details for the piece. Amazing. I hope her brother and his new wife to be know what she put into this gift.

I tried to take some pictures to show her the process but forgot to share them with her before she left for PA. So here for everyone to see are a few steps in the process.

Reliable Permit Solutions, LLC